Over the weekend I finished re-lining Lo's vintage coat. A project that involved a whole lot of hand sewing, one of my favorite things.
I am glad that I took on this project & blogging about it ensured that I saw it through to the end. I must confess that cutting out the lining scared me to death, but once I cut into that fabric there was no turning back. Retrofitting the lining took a bit of creative ingenuity, & I certainly could have spent much longer tweaking it to get it just right, but in the end I settled for imperfect, but done.
Today it had it's first outing, demanding to be worn with long socks & ribboned hair for an excursion involving the drinking of lemonade. I think Lo & the coat will be very happy together it is certainly a perfect fit.
The true test will be how it stands up to a bit of 2 year old wear & tear, I wish the coat the best of luck!